If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Malformed header (was working fine suddeny have this error)  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
jannet

I have used the Advanced guestbook for years with no problems, I have not made any changes to it but now suddenly it is sometimes giving internal server errors when an entry is added or previewed. http://www.mytammy.co.uk/memorials/index.php

The error in the log file is below

[Fri Apr 01 10:51:51 2011] [error] [client 91.104.158.134] malformed header from script. Bad header=/home/sites/mytammy.co.uk/dead: addentry.php, referer: http://www.mytammy.co.uk/memorials/addentry.php

I used the cgi scripts that my web host had in the control panel but they have told me they don't give support for the scripts as they did not write them.

Could anyone here please give me any help to find out what the problem is?

Thank you
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

If it's suddenly started happening and you have changed nothing then the fault is at their end and it's up to them to fix it. Is the database server on the same machine as your website? Just check the config.inc.php file in the admin folder for the database location.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
jannet

Thank you for your reply, I have contacted my web hosting company again and hopefully they will help me. I think my website is on the same server as the database my Web Server:web246

and this is the info in the config file

<edit>info removed by Carbonize</edit>

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/04/2011 17:56:18

Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hmm no the MySQL server is on the same machine as your site. Definitely a new error message to me.

OK Just tested and you can post but then you get the error message. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the email sending. Do you have notifications enabled?

Email me your addentry.php file from the lib folder to webmaster@carbonize.co.uk

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
jannet

thank you again, I have emailed my addentry.php file to you. I do have email notifications on I will turn them off and hope that helps.

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum