If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Number of entries in the guestbook 1.5  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Dankbaar

Hello,
I have a guestbook 1.5 at http://www.nadinemcneil.com/book/guestbook.html .
For some reason it does not open anymore. Now I saw that (in de guestook.pl file I have (in the past) set the number of entyies on 20. And I have surpassed the 20.. Could that be the reason that it does not work aymore? And can I just set it, let's say at 2000 and then it will work again??
Thanks for anwsering

Dineke
[Email]
Trevor
Student
[Avatar]

Hi Dineke,

When you say about setting the number of entries to 20 I'm assuming it's the number of entries per page that you're setting (I think 20 is the default). If that's the case it shouldn't make any difference, when you exceed the maximum entries per page all that happens is new pages are created and links automatically added to and from those pages.

I had a look at your guestbook - there's actually less than 20 entries as some of them have been deleted so I don't think it's anything to do with that.

It seems the error may be somewhere in the coding you've added - it's trying to locate a file called template.html (I'm guessing that's what your template for all the pages is called and that you're using an include tag to pull it into the page). The path it's trying to follow is /home/bdweb7181j/nadinemcneil.com/public_html/book.

If you've made any changes recently to the code then maybe there's an error somewhere. If not then I'm stuck as it's a new one one me.

Good luck,

Trevor
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum