If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
PHP question - admin_edit.php in Advanced Poll program  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Michael_C

It looked like poll_extend() does something similar to what I'm wanting to do. There may be better choices, but what I'm trying to do is create a table with three colunns. The table will conain a list of all active polls where a member has yet to vote.
Column ---- Contains
1 ----- poll title($question),
2 ----- link for the primary member to display the poll,
3 ----- link for the secondary member (typically a spouse) to display the poll

I saw things in poll_extend that I didn't follow, and thought seeing "who" called it might clarify things. One of the things I didn't understand was the call to create_javascript_array(). Anyway, at first I thought it was called in is_valid_poll_id() which, soon brought up additional conufusion.
There may be a better example of how to display the table with the links, but would like to know if the code in is_valid_poll() below line 183 ever executes.

This is most likely a php question - I thought I was starting to understand php, and how the php engine works, until I saw the code in is_valid_poll_id().
I have the latest vesion of Advanced Poll, and wonder if the code after line 183 could ever be executed.
Line 184 is: "if (!isset($poll_id) || !is_valid_poll_id($poll_id)) {"
I included a snippet of lines 174 thru 188 in the php file -poll_extend() was called in line 205.
Is this an error, or can it actually be executed?

Any help would be appreciated.
Michael

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum