If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Permissions Problem Guestbook 1.5  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
pmonahan
Beginner

Hello,

Our web host recently locked the permissions on our scripts, because somebody from AOL complained that their email address was posted in our guestobook.

We worked out the problems with the host, and they reset the permissions, but now when a guestbook entry is submitted, the entry is added to the guestbook.html page properly, but the following error is returned for the confirmation or "Thank You" page. As result, people hit "submit" multiple times:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster [at] eschellon [dot] com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at eschellon.com Port 80

All files were CHMOD to 755, the host won't allow 777

http://www.eschellon.com/index2.html (frames page)

Then click on Guestbook at top.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Peter
amber222
Graduate

You should disable html in the guestbook.

You should turn off indexing on your server, because your files list is exposed.

A good host, like the one I am using, would have this problem resolved for you in minutes. If you pay them for service, you might want to consider switching to a better provider.

It sounds like the book directory has to be 777, but maybe Carbonize can advise you by looking at the code from the guestbook.pl file:
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Hehehe reminds me of the fact I am being threatened for posting somebodies email addresses on my blog. Tough. I clearly said only one entry per person.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum