If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Poll allows user to vote MORE than ONCE  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Help? I've installed the poll and everything...its working more or less fine, but now it's allowing users to vote multiple times.

In addition, when someone refreshes the results it also tallies that as an extra vote.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? I only want people to vote once per poll.
Anonymous

I have the same problem, installation went fine, but everytime i visit another page of my website I can vote again!
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Read this :: http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2203

Auron

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

but how can i make a poll that only allow a user to vote one time ?

there is no time that i can give ... ?!
Anonymous

also by the way ... lot of people have dinamic ips, does the script check 1ยบ for cookies ?
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Add the code it says to add before the html including the cookie_poll.php or whatever it is. This covers people with dynamic IP's. Becuse it cookies that PC so none who uses that PC until the cookie expires can vote. Also make sure there are no white spaces before or after the php code.

How difficult is it to work it out!?!?

Auron

Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

i had that code !

I was jusk asking ... because you did the script and not me ...

thx anyway for everything
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Hey I didn't write it! I'm just a user like you! Thanks for the compliment though, hope you find an answer.

Auron

[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Hi there,
I've implemented all your advice but i'm still able to vote in a poll more than once if I switch web browsers.

The only thing I can think of is that template file that I'm basing my site on is an HTML file, not PHP.... which seems like a big stretch, as everything else has worked perfectly up to this point. your thoughts?

cheers,
Clint
.: JAY :.
Beginner
[Avatar]

Post URL for us to see.
Also, if you switch the browser that means that there is no cookie in the new browser to tell the poll that you were already there.
[WWW] [MSN]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum