If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Someone keeps hacking my Poll...  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I have to use the text version of this software and some prick keeps hacking in and wiping out the text file that stores that data... I have tried everything I know of like changing permissions on the text file but then the poll doesn't work right... and I certainly don't want to change the permissons for every poll I make... Anyways.... It's getting on my nerves as I don't have time to track this prick down and give him a surprise... (probably some 13 year old little brat) I could really use some help here... I can't use the MySQL version because the server we are on does not have MySQL on it... It has the latest version on PHP but no MySQL...
Anyways.... any help here would be greatly appreciated.... thanks....
Hawkslayer
Beginner

I've never used the text file version, so I don't know, but I suppose you could try protecting the folder from illegal access, using .htaccess and .htpasswd. This will restrict access to only those who know the password.

Hawkslayer

http://www.fuchsialand.co.uk
[WWW] [ICQ]
Anonymous

I'll try that thanks.... duh... didn't even think of that.... I am to dam busy... lol they need to hire me some help... my brain is fried....
Anonymous

Didn't work... they still getting in somehow and wipeing the poll out....

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum