If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Sorry, newbie question here... :(  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
OneSicPuppy

I hope this doesn't get deleted...

I tried doing a search but didn't find anything of any real use in regards to my question.

I am currently running Advanced Guestbook 2.2 on my website (http://www.onesicpuppy.com/guestbook/).

I have read a lot of threads in hopes of finding a way to stop the spamming I seem to be getting on my guestbook.... I hope to have that problem solved here shortly.

But my question for this thread is in regards to upgrading my guestbook from version 2.2 to 2.3.4.

The last time I upgraded my guestbook, I encountered all sorts of problems. I know that probably 100% of these problems were due to the fact that I'm a complete and total novice when it comes to this PHP stuff... and I still am heh, even w/ the idiot proof walk throughs and how-to's lol. I'll be the first to admit I'm a retard when it comes to this.

I last upgraded because of security problems w/ the previous version. My old guestbook had been hacked... the newest version (at that time) had some of these security features fixed. Awesome... totally happy with it. That is, once I got everything working again.

Well, I noticed that there is now a newer version of Advanced Guestbook out, v. 2.3.4. When I had upgraded last time, I had somehow messed everything up... I lost all my old entries, all my settings... everything. I had to start over from complete scratch. I'm hoping to avoid this same problem when I go to upgrade my guestbook this time.

How do I upgrade the guestbook to 2.3.4 without losing any of my old entries, settings, and everything else? I guess I need the complete idiot's guide on how to do it so I don't mess it up again like I did last time (last time it took me a week to figure it all out and get it back to the way it was lol).

Any and all comments and suggestions (aside from flaming and bashing my more than obvious and self admitted idiocy, of course) is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

~OSP
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

o upgrade replace all the files except admin.config.inc.php

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to: