If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
The date at the top of the Guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
LSander
Beginner

Everything is working fine, but I want to put the date in bold, and skip a line after it.

My guestbook is at http://www.ussrankin.org/guestbook/

I'm a reasonably advanced beginner at this stuff, but I can't even find where the date is stored. (No problem with the date itself, I just want to change its format a bit.)

Lou Sander
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
USA
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

templates/body.php look for

On a different matter black text on a black background doesn't really work. Also there is no point in obscuring the text version of the email addresses by using [at] and [dot] and then leaving the mailto links intact. I wrote a guide on modifying the guestbook to completely obscure the email addresses and it can be found at www.carbonize.co.uk/AG or search through the READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ADVANCED GUESTBOOK QUESTIONS thread near the top of this forum for the link to the forum thread about it.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
LSander
Beginner

Thanks! On the black-on-black -- you evidently caught my guestbook in the middle of some experimentation with different "looks." We weren't trying to hide anything, just to find the best appearance. We did NOT stick with the black.

New topic: One of the hacker sites suggested that hackers search the web for the words "Advanced Guestbook." I changed the text at the bottom of my page to say "A d v a n c e d," etc. (with extra spaces). Maybe that will discourage some of them.
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

hell I changed the footer of my guestbook to say Advanced guestbook 2.2 to encourage them So long as you're not susceptible to the login exploit and have HTML disabled their aint a lot they can do and better them waste time on my site than on someone elses.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
LSander
Beginner

Well, thanks to you, your forum, and lots of help from Amber222, my Guestbook looks exactly as I want it to, and is much less vulnerable to hackers. Check it out at www.ussrankin.org (click the guestbook link toward the bottom of the page).

And to think that three days ago, my host company spent a LOT of time looking into my hacked Guestbook and ended up telling me that my only solution was to uninstall it and start again from scratch.
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Glad you got rid of the ship image at the top. It didn't look right. You could get really corner and change the red line you have to a blue one with a ship on it

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum