If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Weird behaviour after loggin in to guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
samuelranta

I need your help.

In the bandsite I host, there is a guestbook installed(Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1)

Problem is, that when I give the correct password I get to mainmenu, but if I click some button (like "easy admin" or "general settings" or any of them) it asks me password again, I get mainmenu again, but if I click some button it asks password again. This continues forever and I can't do nothing.

This is urgent because I need to wipe some of those messages.
I can't understand what on earth has happened cause just few weeks ago everything was working fine.

Thank You very much for help and thank you for providing these great scripts!

-Samuel Ranta / http://www.theuranianews.com
[WWW] [MSN]
amber222
Graduate

This is the "Admin loop" several people have experienced.

Did you recently upgrade from 2.2? This will cause the loop, because the database tables aren't quite the same.

You can read up on the Admin loop and figure out the best way for you to resolve it. One solution is to revert back to a file from version 2.2, but I don't believe this is the responsible approach.

If, as you say, the situation is urgent, the quickest way would be to delete the entries from the data table in PhpMyAdmin now, and then read the posts and fix the problems later.

I don't recall the thread address, but find a recent post from me about "Advanced Guestbook fixes and mods". In there it gives the link to the thread about the Admin loop. When you read that thread, also read Jam's instructions for fixing the db tables, and see if that is your problem.
samuelranta

Ofcourse, trough phpmyadmin! Was I Stupid

Thank You for advices, I'll try them and then let you know
[WWW] [MSN]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum