If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Help, someone hacked into our guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
TORB

Thanks ET, all fixed and HTML is disabled.
[WWW]
Anonymous

Hi I just got hacked and I don't know how to fix this? Could you please help thanks!1
www.that80shairband.com/guestbook
Angryjay

Hi I just got hacked and I don't know how to fix this? Could you please help thanks!1
www.that80shairband.com/guestbook

sorry about the double post.... i thought i was logged in...
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Fixed and you have email.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Angryjay

Thanks but I have not received any email yet.

jason@that80shairband.com
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I sent to webmaster@ will now send to jason@

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

jakob wrote:My guestbook was hacked as well.

Here is the link to my guestbook

http://www.suite108.com/cuedup_guestbook/

I will upgrade to 2.3.1.

btw I dont recall having turned html on in the old version.

Hope you can help, thanks

Jakob
suite108

I fixed your guestbook and reset the login and password back to the default ones. Everybody that has posted about being hacked either needs to use carbs update script or update to the full version of GB. Or this will continue to happen.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Anonymous

It's completely cool that you can help people remove the posts that do the redirect. But, I have to ask, how the heck do you get in to delete them?? Could you just go to my guestbook and log in at will?

My guestbook was hacked this week, and my hosting provider deleted the offending post for me. But tonight I went to log into my cpanel (and also tried to FTP), and my password no longer works! Would this hacker have been able to do that??

Just curious, and naieve!

Jester
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Jester66 wrote:It's completely cool that you can help people remove the posts that do the redirect. But, I have to ask, how the heck do you get in to delete them?? Could you just go to my guestbook and log in at will?

Just curious, and naieve!

Jester

If you are running an unpatched version of Advanced Guestbook 2.2. yes we can log in at will.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
JTD
Graduate

And no for security reasons we wont post how on this board.

LINK-> Use Lazarus Guestbook
[WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

JTD wrote:And no for security reasons we wont post how on this board.

We WILL post how to patch the exploit but, its in several threads already and well documented.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Auron wrote:
JTD wrote:And no for security reasons we wont post how on this board.

We WILL post how to patch the exploit but, its in several threads already and well documented.
And I would sooner have people visit my forum for help as atleast we will have some control then.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

http://www.viewedfromtheright.org/vftrguest/index.php

Dang it...and I've got the HTML disabled, but still I've removed about 50 spams in the past few days and they just keep coming back...the b*tch about it is the company is using the same software/script to post how to do it and make money...

Please help...I'm not sure how to get in and fix the script on my own...some savviness in the HTML world but not really up-to-date on scripts!

Thanks,
Deb
DragonLion Productions
Viewed From the Right, Management
ET
Graduate

dragonlionproductions wrote:http://www.viewedfromtheright.org/vftrguest/index.php

Dang it...and I've got the HTML disabled, but still I've removed about 50 spams in the past few days and they just keep coming back...the b*tch about it is the company is using the same software/script to post how to do it and make money...

Please help...I'm not sure how to get in and fix the script on my own...some savviness in the HTML world but not really up-to-date on scripts!

Thanks,
Deb
DragonLion Productions
Viewed From the Right, Management

a temporary work-around for spam is to rename the directory of your guestbook and disallow google to search and index your guestbook and don't post your guestbook url in places like this forum (or edit the url out of the post once you have it fixed) - most of the spammer folks look for easy prey - 95% of the spammers use google to find guestbooks to spam.... As long as all the guestbook files stay intact in the directory that you rename, it should still work. (suggestion found on)
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13712&highlight=#13712

Some other basic suggestions are here that don't require scripting knowledge...
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13797&highlight=#13797

Or run a search on the board for dealing with spammers for other people's suggestions. There are a lot of ideas and good thinks

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum