If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Hawkslayer
Forum Index » Profile for Hawkslayer » Messages posted by Hawkslayer
When I enter ADMIN on the links program I have some entries that are normal and that I can edit or delete, like so:

The Mansfield Pages
All About Mansfield in Nottinghamshire
http://www.mansfieldpages.co.uk added on: 22-September-2001 at 06:31

but I have others that have a piece of code on them like so:

The Mansfield Pages
All About Mansfield in Nottinghamshire
http://www.mansfieldpages.co.uk added on: 22-September-2001 at 06:31

Search4ringtones" onclick="SetValue('49');">

These entries cannot be edited or deleted, does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?
To change the greeting you need to edit the language file you are using in the LANG folder. In your case this will be ENGLISH.PHP.
To change the greeting you need to edit the language file you are using in the LANG folder. In your case this will be ENGLISH.PHP.

You can put links back to your home page in the HEADER.INC.PHP in the INCLUDE folder.

Hope this helps.
From looking at that error message I'd guess that you need to chmod the files and folders like it says in the readme.txt.

2. Set the permissions for all *.php files to mode 755.
Have you tried inserting the html in the path like so?

/home/virtual/site35/fst/var/www/html/cgi-bin/poll/admin/index.php
Rename the HTML file to PHP.
It looks as though you have an error in the path. It's very unusual to see a WWW in the middle of it. I would check your absolute path. You can use this little script to report the path.

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Document Root is: ";
print $ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'};

You may have to edit the first line to reflect the location of perl on your host. Save it as basedir.cgi or whatever.. Upload it and run it.
If anyone else is having problems finding the full path to their base directory, they could run this script which will report it.

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Document Root is: ";
print $ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'};

You may have to edit the first line to reflect the location of perl on your site. Save it as basedir.cgi or whatever.. Upload it and run it.
You need to log onto your account with the hosting provider and check to see what your base directory is. Most of them show it somewhere in your website details. If they don't list it, email them and ask what it is..
Edit the links.pl file at the following section, and enter the password you want to use.

# administration password
$admin_pass = "XXXXX";
Have you tried deleting your cookies? I sometimes have the same problem, and doing this fixes it.
Look in the language file.

Forum Index » Profile for Hawkslayer » Messages posted by Hawkslayer
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum