If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Hawkslayer
Forum Index » Profile for Hawkslayer » Messages posted by Hawkslayer
I've just updated my guestbook to the latest version, everthing is fine, but for the fact that I get these error messages when I try to save a template that I've edited from ADMIN. I *have* given the folder write permissions.

Warning: fopen("./templates/admin_enter.php", "w") - Permission denied in /web/sites/xxx/www.fuchsialand.co.uk/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 193

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /web/sites/xxx/www.fuchsialand.co.uk/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 194

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /web/sites/xxx/www.fuchsialand.co.uk/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 200

I can edit the folders using FTP, but it would be nice to do them from admin. Anyway, I like things to work like they should! Anyone got any ideas?
Go to the ADMIN folder and look at the CONFIG.INC.PHP file. The name and password are in there. :o
I've never used the text file version, so I don't know, but I suppose you could try protecting the folder from illegal access, using .htaccess and .htpasswd. This will restrict access to only those who know the password.
I don't use this version of the guestbook, but I'd guess that you need to chmod the guest_id.txt to 777 .
Like the subject line says; Autologin is no longer working on this forum, everytime I visit the site I have to login anew. Used to work fine prior to you moving the location of the site.
It's nice to see the site back up. Been missing visiting here and keeping in touch with other users.
Enter ADMIN - GENERAL SETTINGS and alter TEXT SIZE 1 to the size you want.
The file is located in the guestbook/lang folder, and it's called english.php. The actual line you edit in the file is $BookMess6 which is the 8th line down the page.
I just tried the script again on three sites. It works on them all. Maybe your host has some kinda security in place to prevent you accessing it? Has anyone else tried this script Let me know the results please.
Save this script as a cgi, I usually name it basedir.cgi, put it in your cgi-bin and run it. Should give you the base directory.

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Document Root is: ";
print $ENV{'DOCUMENT_ROOT'};
You change it in the language file, in your case it would be in the file lang/english.php.
You can read the comments in ADMIN.
Looks as though you need to alter the permissions and chmod the folder and the file to 777.
Is there NO-ONE with any ideas on this?
No-one have any ideas on this one? Is anyone else having the same problem? I guess I can't be the only one.

Forum Index » Profile for Hawkslayer » Messages posted by Hawkslayer
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum