If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
"Forgot to fill in name field" error  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Ignatius
Beginner

I'm trying to upgrade Advanced Guestbook to 2.3.1 from 2.2. I did considerable cosmetic changes to the form.php template, so I tried just pasting the code from the old version and seeing if it would work in the new.

It doesn't. When attempting to post, I get a "You forgot to fill in the name field" error, even though the name field IS filled in.

Other than having to reinvent the wheel and write all new coding for the cosmetic HTML changes on the new version, is there a quick fix to the PHP scripting that would eliminate this error? 'Fraid I don't know enough about PHP to attempt a fix.

Thanks for your help!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Did you change the name input at some point? Check the name of the name input in your template. It should be name="gb_name".

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Ignatius
Beginner

Yes! That was it. 2.2 had just "name" as the name input.

Thanks for catching that, Carbonize!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

hmmm did you change it to just name? I'm sure it was gb_name in 2.2. Changing the input names is a simple way of avoiding the automated spam.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum