If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[AGB]White space problem with "Cannot modify header inf  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
martin_uboo
Beginner

Hello,

Carbonize has been helping me with restoring my AGB and now everything was fine. Then I tried to customize the "look and feel".

First off, I already searched and read the various threads on this problem. I have a general idea what's wrong, but now I could use some specific help.

I first encountered this error while customizing my AGB "look and feel". I was looking for where the ["BookMess3"] fields were defined (I knew before but forgot) and I looked at admin.class.php and then looked it up here at the forum and found that is was in lang\english.php. I edited the ["BookMess3"] field and everything was fine. Then I had to log back in to admin.php and got a message similar to this one:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 100

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 103

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lang/english.php:203) in /home/xxxx/public_html/guestbook/lib/admin.class.php on line 106

But the line #s were different = 65, 67,69,71. I read all the threads (listed below) and found it was a white space problem. I first mistakenly cleaned up the extra lines after line #201 in english.php and then I re-read the posts and saw that I should be in admin.class.php. There is not any extra lines or spaces at the beginning or end of that file and the error message line #s are in the middle of the script. So I deleted blank line #65 and then tried to login again and got the errors above. I added blank line #65 back in and still get the errors above (as opposed to the original line #s)

I am using PSPad with internal ftp (as recommended by Carbonize).

Where do I look for these blank lines and spaces? Is there some easy way to check the file or visually display the problem areas?

Thanks in advance!

martin

Reference threads:

http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3200
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3093
http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4017

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum