If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding Modules in PostNuke??......Adv Guestbook....Adv Poll.  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
ralph
Beginner

Having a problem adding modules in postnuke.
1--Advanced Guestbook
2--Advanced Poll
3--Gallery
4--phpLinks

All modules are installed and operate fine as a standalone.

Trying to get them to operate as modules inside post nuke. I copied files to module directory and have tried a few tricks but they have not worked.
ralph
Beginner

Oh, I see they work fine here. There must be someone who know the trick.

If responding, would also like a tip on operating phpbb2 as a module as is done here.
Anonymous

1) This depends on the version.

The advanced guestbook works with
PHP-Nuke 5.x

2) Visit

http://phpbb.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8
ralph
Beginner

I'm running the latest release of postnuke

POST-NUKE: The Rogue Release (0.70)

I really thought that due to the similarities, that it would work about the same in POST-NUKE as PHP-NUKE 5.x

Any suggestions appreciated !!!!!!

(What is running on this page, postnuke or phpnuke 5.x or what?? Can't see it in the footer.)
ralph
Beginner

I now have Adv Guestbook running under the new release PostNuke .71

There is a problem accessing the admin under postNuke which I have not figured out but everything else works fine.

Still working on
1) Gallery
2) phpLinks
3) Adv. Poll
4) phpBB2

(NOTE: I have advanced poll working by doing an IFRAME code in a side block. I made an html page with the Adv Poll code and then call the html page with the IFRAME into the block. Is there a better way?????? It would seem great to set up as a module. I just like this poll better than the supplied postNuke poll. Much better admin/control and better general appearance.)

Are all of these working here as modules?? within phpNuke or postNuke?? Can't quite tell.
Anonymous

Ralph,
Please could you let me know how you got the advanced guestbook working for postnuke 0.71 ? I've been working on it to no success
Do you have it available to download on your site ?
or am I asking too much?!
Thanks
prisky@hotmail.com
ralph
Beginner

I am still running Adv Guestbook. Just like the program.

However, I am running it under a vbportal system.

I liked alot about PN, but, I didn't like the level of support which is one thing I needed.

I did figure out how to get the Adv. Guestbook to run under PN.71 but that's been a while back. Believe me if I could help I would. I did look back because I thought that I still had it installed but I don't.

If I remember, it was something pretty simple once I figured it out. Seems like somewhere it in the config file or something there is a line about running under nuke and I changed it to postnuke. I could be completely off here. I went through some many mods trying to get up and running.

just a suggestion here.....it is not important to have your guestbook integrated with your log in, etc. for postnuke or whatever system. You should want guests to be able to sign the guestbook without being a member. Just a thought.

Basically, you may want to run it like I am running it here: http://courtboss.com

Just as a standalone program.

Also, with all the email harvesting pirates out there and for the protection of your users and guests, I would delete the line in the guestbook display that displays their email address. I don't think most people signing the book appreciate having their email address displayed.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum