If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced poll error!!!  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I get this error when I press the vote button. The vote booth is updated and all, but this text shows up on top and spans across the page. Very annoying. How do i get rid of it?

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/warzoneonline/public_html/index.php:7) in /usr/home/warzoneonline/public_html/poll/poll_cookie.php on line 22
Anonymous

nobody knows huh? Oh well
Anonymous

Try removing un necessary HTML tags such as <html> etc. You get this error when the HTML and PHP code conflict and both try to add headers. Someone told me the only way to correct this is to alter the HTML to make it work.
Anonymous

But how can I find out which of my code is causing it???
Anonymous

make sure that you have the part of script that has to be above everything else....is above everything else....so when you work with frames put that part in the index not in the frame

hope this helps...
Anonymous

Still can't fix it. Look at the site urself and check out source code. www.warzoneonline.net
Anonymous

<?php require "poll_cookie.php"; ?>
did u include this before anything else, worked for me?

DD
Anonymous

Nope, doesn't work, i get this error:
Warning: Failed opening 'poll_cookie.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /usr/home/warzoneonline/public_html/index.php on line 528
Anonymous

Anyone have a clue?
steelsolid

UndeadDude wrote:Anyone have a clue?

You may be running an older version like I am.
Anonymous

I'm using an hosting server for php support.
Does that mean I'n screwed?

Because they ugraded?
Anonymous

Don't use FRONTPAGE people. That's the problem. And make sure you save the page as *.PHP and that the server you are publishing it to, supports PHP.

That is all you need, no complications. If you follow the steps above you'll be fine.

Especially FRONTPAGE seems to change the syntax code for PHP, so never use it. Use dreamweaver or something else.
Anonymous

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/alams/majid.alams.com/hungama/index.php:2) in /hsphere/local/home/alams/majid.alams.com/poll/poll_cookie.php on line 21

got the same error.. too

wots problem with it ??

Moobi
Anonymous

I get the same error and I have just the poll by it's self on the page and in the body tag i have

<body>
<?php require "poll_cookie.php"; ?>

first line I have used dreamweaver, hosting company has newest php running and I save a poll.php I still get the same error.

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../poll/poll2.php in /.../poll/poll_cookie.php on line 21

Do I need to change a line in a template in admin section??

Please help..... This is very frustrating......arghhhh
Anonymous

The error that you are mentioning comes from having an invalid path to cookie.php

change:

to reflect the virtual path to the cookie.php file. If you installed the poll script in a subdirectory called poll under your public_html folder, then the path would be this:

I hope this helps.

-Curtis
http://everstuffs.com

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum