If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Can i change the display order of the results - OLDEST FIRST  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
sirtokealot
Beginner

Is it possible set the guestbook settings so that the very first ten comments made were actually on page 1 of the guestbook?

at the moment the content is changing everytime somenone makes a comment, so the next time google spiders my guestbook the data has changed, this is not good for stability.

can anyone tell me if its possible
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

1 - It's a guestbook so why worry about Googlebot?
2 - Googlebot will spider every page of the guestbook anyway
3 - If you're really worried about it have a look at Lazarus since I implemented permalinks for entries.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
sirtokealot
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:1 - It's a guestbook so why worry about Googlebot?
2 - Googlebot will spider every page of the guestbook anyway
3 - If you're really worried about it have a look at Lazarus since I implemented permalinks for entries.

1. the whole site is linkbait for my seo company, its been up for a week and over 2000 entries, its getting blogged like crazy and spidered constantly.
2. yes, but if you knew anything about seo you would know that the footer link i have in the index page will hold more value going back to my company site if a) its from a static url b) from a static page ie - content that is not changing
3. i already have this one all tweeked already so i woul really just preffer if you told me how to change the order

thanks in advance
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Changing the order to chieve what you want would require a lot of recoding. When you say tweaked what exactly do you mean?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Mosinmotte2

Thinking of redesigning your website at affordable price? Then what are you waiting for? visit at XplorMedia/com and start working with us. We have special team of web designers who work with full of focus and our main strength is that We never outsource, everything is always built in-house. So, take the next step, your online success is just a phone call away!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum