If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Create a link without jump menu/ jump menu open to _top  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Sam Emme
Beginner
[Avatar]

I putting the guestbook inside an iframe so either could work.

I want to put link that is outside the frame so I need links that are either _blank or _top. Do I write it in html? but I don't think so...

The jump menu is the same idea when they go to the list I want them to _top or _blank and stay within the frame.

Help is appreciated.
Anonymous

If the link is within the frame then it will open within the frame unless a different target is specified. If the link is outside the frame then you use target="framename" to have the link open within the specified frame. target="_blank" is used to open a link in a new window.

I personally don't like framing my sites so am curious as to why you have chosen this method.
Sam Emme
Beginner
[Avatar]

Not frame, I using iframe.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

An iframe is just an Internal FRAME. It is treated exactly the same as a frame is.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Sam Emme
Beginner
[Avatar]

I think I didn't explain properly.

In the jump menu where do you put the target="_blank"

The Extre link I want to put next to Administration, where do I put the link and how does it look for both of them?

While I also use pages without frames of any sort, I like using iframes because they are easier to deal with for certain web pages.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Just checked and the guestbooks drop down menu is justa form handled by the script. You can make a dropdown menu that will open the page where you want but not this one. Although with a little bit of php you could do it I suppose.

That would go

That is in index.php twice. Now you would just need to add urls to the jump menu

no promises on it working as this is just a quick look at the code.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum