If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Exiting the guest book  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

I have installed the guestbook on our web site, but we have a lot of novice users, and i was looking for a setting to specify where to go when they exit their comments/signature - but the only way i see that a user can do this is to hit the BACK key; i can't seem to find an "exit" or "done" setting. Did I simply miss it?
Anonymous

you can insert an html back button/link into the php code in the templates files. that's what i did. there may be a better way, but i went with the back button. at the top of my guestbook is a "back" link.
Anonymous

Thank you...can you be a bit more specific. I'm not terribly technical...I've developed our web page with front page. I can see all the filename.php in the guestbook templates...could you copy/paste the code here and tell me WHERE to insert it body.php or header.php etc - i'll then substitute our home page for whatever you insert there. Thanks...
Anonymous

I have just noticed that partially in answer to my OWN posting and anyone that can help - that when I look at the TEMPLATES, it says specifically "Give write permissions to the webserver on the template files!" I have NO idea how to do that, so when someone is able to provide me some simply code to copy/paste - i would also appreciate the answer to the above situation - i.e. how do i get in to provide write permissions once i have code to write. Thanks again for anyone viewing this...
spor
Student

have you access to an ftp programme? if so, you need to use it to CHMODE (changemode) the templates you want to alter. you do this by using the ftp programme, right click on a template and chmode it to 666 (read and write)

if you do a search i have answered this question in more detail here somewhere in the past.(im tired and its time for sleep now otherwise id go into more detail)

Go here for guestbook and poll help :: Spisas Guestbook
darrenabela
Beginner

from the original question im still trying to find out what template to edit, also where in the code shall I put in my html to add a back to home page button.

I would like to position the button in the middle of the page.

Thanks
[Email] [WWW]
bodders

Hi Rubenstein,

If you really need a "Home" button for your Guestbook pages, here is a simple workaround:

1. Find and backup the file "footer.php"in your Templates directory. This is the original so don't overwrite it! (Call it "footer_1.php" or something)

2. Edit footer.php and insert the following code at the top of the page:

Note: I am assuming that your home page is called index.html, that it is in your root directory and that your guestbook files are in a separate sub-directory. If not, you will have to adjust the action link accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

DVB
[Email]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum