If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How to hide results?  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
tkci1

I need assistance in hiding the link to results on the poll display (eg. only show a "vote" button on pole, and only a "comment" button after voting)

I am using a licensed version of Advanced Poll v2.0.3 and the "pop-up" template, although I will use any template that allows the hiding of results.

I checked the forums and found no topic on point.

I have tried removing the <a> ref on line #7 from file "~/popup/display_foot.html" to remove the link prior to voting. The link still shows>

I tried to remove the "function view_poll_result($poll_id,$vote_stat=0)" and it's calls from line 321 from file "~/include/class_poll.php". The link still shows.

I want to suggest this script to a client but they do not want results visible until the poll ends.

I would appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Brian K.
amber222
Graduate

tkci1 wrote:I have tried removing the <a> ref on line #7 from file "~/popup/display_foot.html" to remove the link prior to voting. The link still shows>

Are you doing this from the Admin Panel? Did you give write permissions to all the files in the templates/popup directory (chmod 666)? Chmod Templates directory and Popup directory to 777? I tried this and it worked fine first time. Here's what I did:

1. Verify permissions are set correctly

2. In Admin Panel, click on "Templates" icon

3. In the Templates box on the right, select the desired template (popup), then click on the icon to the right of the box.

4. On the left side under Templates, make sure it shows the template you want to work with in blue, (popup)

5. In the "display_foot" box, cut the following code from lines 7-8:

6. Cick on "Save"
tkci1

Thanks for the reply amber!

Yes, I am aware of this procedure (I think it was posted by "auron" last year). Yes, I have done this, yes the permissions were correctly set during admin panel config changes, yes it does remove the reults link prior to voting (however I have had trouble re-inserting this code to restore the functioning, I don't know what the problem is but that was the reason I removing this line directly from the "~/popup/display_foot.html" file).

As I stated in my first post, I needed to remove all access to results prior to poll end. The above method still goes directly to a results popup window after submitting a vote.

Today I am going to make a new temp set, use the above method to remove the results link, then use the same method to remove all content between the <tr> tags in the center box of Poll Results (result_loop) and replace it with a message indicating the date that results will be available.

Hopefully this will cover my needs. I will also try to figure out why sometimes reinserting the code through the admin panel does not actually make it to the file. I am sure it is a flaw in my set up.

Thanks again for the input.

Brian K.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum