If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Issues Issues Issues  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Shumbor

Hello all i've been having a few issues with this poll many of which i guess alot of people been having.. the first issues is the good old php to html i've read countless posts here about people having this problem and they all suggest adding AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html to the .htaccess file. the problem is when i add that line i get an 500 internal server error for all the pages in the directory the only way i could get it to work is by changing .html to .php but that is just isnt an option for me, the wired thing is people say that they got to work with .html pages can some one that got it to work with .htm post the exact set up they used.....

the second issue is whenever i click the vote button i get this out put

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/easyfil/public_html/flash/test.php:2) in /home/X/public_html/poll/poll_cookie.php on line 21
i;ve read that this can be fixed by removing any spaces or line returns which i did and still this get outputed help please
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

Can't help too much on the first problem.
All I can say is what's the point in having a host with PHP but not being allowed to use the .php extension. It's just plain stupid.

The poll_cookie.php file MUST BE AT THE TOP of the file its included in.

Eg. BEFORE <html><head> .... so something like this...

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Shumbor

Hey thanks for the advice i was able to fix the second problem.. i put the <?php be4 my <html> and <head> but i have no idea why i put it after the

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

As soon as i moved it all the way to the top it worked fine... about the first problem. its not that am not allowed to use .php extensions its just that i already have too many pages and external links that link to .html , that’s why i didn’t want to change the extension... my question is this... can modifying the .htaccess file really help with this problem ? the reason i ask is because sooo many people have this problem and i haven’t seen any one reporting that it worked for them. But im sure that it does work and i know it’s probably my own stupidity that’s messing it up.. That’s why i wanted someone that got to work to post the exact setup they used.
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

A .htaccess file could solve the problem.
It depends if your web server has been configured to look for them.

Basically the .htaccess file will tell the web server to treat the .htm/html file as if it were a .php one.

Google: .htaccess

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum