If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Mod Scripts  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Place here your modifications of the advanced guestbook...
I`m just curious of what kind of mods people made...

regards...
Anonymous

As for I know there are the following mods:

1 spider bot referral check. guestbook checks spiders against a list of all known bots. If found, they are redirected to the dynamic spam trap, where they get fed thousands of bogus email addresses. If Spam spider shows up at page, Admin gets emailed with user IP address and bot that they were using.

2 email addresses are converted on the fly to raw ASCII, which I have tested with 5 of the best spam spider programs...

3 Addentry.php file is now protected with a human verification system, that makes guests place numbers into an input box, stopping robot spam posting. The numbers are generated at random, and is a png image.

4 changed the default gb_action method found in all advanced guestbooks to my own action method. backup for human verficiation system.

5 ICQ online status.

6 MSN and Yahoo addon.

All these mods are also integrated in one new" ultimate advanced guestbook".
So you don't have to install all the mods by hand

Thanks to these guys:

Jared
Freddy
Carbonize
Jam'n
Anonymous

Cool...now a link to the modfiles self would be great ...
Jared
Student

One other thing I did was also add a custom field.......which you can actually add as many as you want, once you know how

have not been around though much lately...........I am in Afghanistan lol
[WWW] [Yahoo!] [MSN]
Anonymous

Hi Jared,

We missed you, I hope everything is okay.

You can find all the downloads here http://www.spisas.com
You will have to register to see the downloads.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum