If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Not getting answers to questions...  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
dmag

It's tough to use an app if questions are not answered. I've posted a couple here and I'm somewhat disappointed in the lack of response. Is there nobody here on the developer side, are we all just end users desperately trying to make this thing work?

I'm running version 2.03.

If you can help, here's the post I made a couple of days ago:

"I just put up our first poll and it is allowing multiple votes from the same computer (tried on two different computers), and giving this off on the Web page after the votes:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (THEN GIVES OUR WEB LOCATION AND FOLDER FOR ADV POLL) on line 21"

It's our first test and obviously something is very wrong. Can you help?

Thanks."
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

as it clearly states in the instructions booth.php needs to be the very very very first thing on th epage. No spaces, nothing before it.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

CHECK THE STICKIES!

First post - http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5290

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
DaShard
Beginner

I agree about "...not getting answers to posts..."

If you are lucky enough to get an answer then it's usually some variation of "RTFM".

Having said that, we are all lucky enough to have the support and knowledge available to us with "a little digging" or a bit of "pleading"

In addition, when posts are sometimes answered by either guests, members or forum techies there is quite often not even a thank you from the question "poser".

As always, one gets what one pays for.

When was the last time you clicked on someone's "Donate" button on their website?

Maybe changing to a female name and cutesie picture might help!

Just my 10c worth....

Business is great, life's terrific, people are wondeful!
[WWW]
dmag

Ha, I never thought of the female name. Very interesting idea. Allow me to say "thank you!" for that, as I'll probably use it in the future.

And you're right about the donation issue. We've done that in the past, but only when we have actually been able to get the product working, AND when the support was given. At present, we haven't received the answers, except the kind you suggested, and it's still not working. So, our mileage indeed does vary with some here who are doing better than we are.

We'll run down some of the links we were given to posts here, which may -- with that digging you mentioned -- allow us to solve our problems.

Thanks, again.

DaShard wrote:I agree about "...not getting answers to posts..."

If you are lucky enough to get an answer then it's usually some variation of "RTFM".

Having said that, we are all lucky enough to have the support and knowledge available to us with "a little digging" or a bit of "pleading"

In addition, when posts are sometimes answered by either guests, members or forum techies there is quite often not even a thank you from the question "poser".

As always, one gets what one pays for.

When was the last time you clicked on someone's "Donate" button on their website?

Maybe changing to a female name and cutesie picture might help!

Just my 10c worth....
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Please note that Auron and I have nothing to do with the scripts offered on this site other than using, or having used, them. Our help is voluntary. I still help here despite the fact I maintain a fork of this sites Advanced Guestbook script at http://lazarus.carbonize.co.uk and Auron has his own things to do.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum