If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Poll Templates not working  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

Ok this is what I have:

include_once "C:/inetpub/dp3d/poll/booth.php";
$php_poll->set_template_set("popup");
echo $php_poll->poll_process("4");

But here is the problem... When I click on the Vote button it brings me to Page cannot be displayed. And when I click the view results button absolutlely nothing happens. I have left the popup template alone and have not changed any of the code, so what else could be the problem? The poll does show up fine by the way, it's just that the button and the link do not work properly.

Thanks in advance,
Derek
Anonymous

Sorry for the double post, clicked twice
Anonymous

BTW the website is www.dp3dclan.com if you would like to see for your self.

Thanks,
Derek
ET
Graduate

First thing you will be asked around here is whether you did a search on this forum for your problem -

Here is one of many threads on the subject.
http://www.proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2067

Author of the scripts is no where to be found and helpers here are volunteers who choose to help people out.

Dpinkston wrote:
include_once "C:/inetpub/dp3d/poll/booth.php";
$php_poll->set_template_set("popup");
echo $php_poll->poll_process("4");

I don't do the Polls but here's my dumb question for the first of February... Are you running this on your harddrive of your pc? Why the C:/ for the path?
Anonymous

ET wrote:
I don't do the Polls but here's my dumb question for the first of February... Are you running this on your harddrive of your pc? Why the C:/ for the path?

That is an automatically set path by the installation of the poll. It is the path of the booth.php on the actual web server. Tellin the script to access that file from the location on the webserver. At least that is what i believe anyway. Oh and by the way, the link you sent me. I have been to that site time after time after time during my searchin. I do no t believe it explains anything in there about my porblem. The link to my site is www.dp3dclan.com, if you wanna check out the poll.

Thanks,
Derek
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

check paths in config files and the admin area.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Anonymous

Auron wrote:check paths in config files and the admin area.

Do you mean in the admin panel? If not what files would i need to edit, i dont seen any editable files under the admin folder. When i use one of the other templates that is not popup it works but it brings up the results weird do to the way i have the site set up that is why i was wanting to use the popup temp. I appreciate you guys trying to help! But if you have anymore suggestions feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Derek
Anonymous

Ok I have it kinda figured out. Ummm... When i put the poll in a page by it's self it works fine. But when it is in my right.php file it seems to not work. I'll keep trying. If i get it i will post my results. Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Derek
Anonymous

Yea that is the problem, now how do i fix it. It does not like to be run in a page that has numerious php includes. Like check out www.dp3dclan.com and try the poll. Then go to www.dp3dclan.com/poll.php and try it. Then it works fine yes it is the same exact thing only it is running in a page of it's own. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Derek
Auron
Expert
[Avatar]

don't know if this'll work change the include to include_once or require or require_once.
check www.php.net for the right way of using them.

Visit my site @ www.ragnaru.com
Adv. Poll Install Guide NOW BACK ONLINE! (And also rather out of date I would of thought)
[Email] [WWW]
Fritz
Beginner
[Avatar]

I can confirm that using require_once instead of include fixed the same problem for me.

Thanks,
Fritz

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum