If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Too much spam, changing to Lazarus  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
TomH
Beginner

After getting lots of spam recently with GB 2.3.1, I am trying to update to Lazarus. I have done as the instructions say and uploaded the Lazarus files to my CGI space along with the Agupdate.php file, and changed the config.inc file to the same as my GB file, I then ran the agupdate file from my browser and it updated the database, but the guestbook is still the old one, I'm obviously doing something wrong but just can't put my finger on it.
The questions are-
1. Do I use the same base URL as my original guestbook?
2. Does the agupdate file just go in the CGI space, and not in any of the folders?
The address is http://ccgi.fellglint.plus.com/guestbook/index.php

The guestbook is heavily modified so will I have to do the modifications again?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Well before you change to Lazarus you might want to try using the human verification mod whish is talked about in one of the stickies at the top of this forum.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
TomH
Beginner

I did try using the human verification script a while back, but after a couple of weeks I started to get spam again, thats the reason I want to try Lazarus, but I must be doing something wrong, do you have any idea what it is I am doing wrong.

Tom
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Was it entry spam or comment spam? As I stated in my above post there are some sad people who will manually spam your guestbook and there is little we can do about that except ban their IP.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
TomH
Beginner

Thanks for your reply, it was all kinds of spam really. I've now got Lazarus up and running, but obviously lost all my customisations and some of the icons are not showing. Do I have to leave the old guestbook in place? Lazarus seems to be using the images from the old guestbook.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

The URL is here http://ccgi.fellglint.plus.com/lazarusgb/index.php
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Possibly you need to change the base_url in the lazarus config.inc.php file.

Carbonize

get Lazarus

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum