If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
advanced Poll  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion
Anonymous

Okay I am pretty new to this and this might be simple but I am lost. I installed the advanced Poll on mysql and did the install and thought I configured everything, but I cant get anything to show up on my front page where I want to put the poll. What else do I need to do? If someone can tell me where and what files to install on the page I would greatly appreciate it. Please reply with help or someone know of any directions that I might understand better I would like that as well. PHP is new to me. Thanks Again,
jgromero
Anonymous

Could someone just help me install this onto my site correctly?
Anonymous

AdvancePoll(guess the advance part comes with the install)
Should it be so hard to put a small text file with a few lines how to install..
the only one i found is

just refereing to edit config.inc.conf (dosent even say witch folder its in)
and then it says that i should run install.php...

when i run install.php i only get a message that i should edit config.inc.conf (AND YES I HAVE) when i press NEXT i just get the same f.. anoying message...

While browsing thru this forum i have discovered that there is LOTS of posts and NO answers... why? its a great page and the adv.poll seems nice but why cant they just make a small install guide?
Anonymous

The file you need to change is located in the include folder. As far as what you need to do to get your poll to display on a page, when you create a poll in the admin, your website.com/pollfolder/admin, you will see what appears to be a little text file located at the end of it. (If you are viewing all of your polls in the admin) Click on this icon and it will display the sourcecode snipet that you need to add to your site. If you want to display a random one, delete the pollid number in parenthesis and type in "random" (with the quotes). if you want the newest poll that has been created, type in "newest" (with the quotes). You can also find this out by clicking on the help button in the admin.

mdunn@sp2.org

Forum Index » General Discussion
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum