If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
guestbook ver 2.3 Email notify problem  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

The books is great! the Email Notification works...however this is what the header on those emails looks like to me...

"nobody@proxy-server.texas.rr.com" <Lisa@www.duomo-i.com>

First off, i cannot respond to these mails or it bounces back to my host "duomo-i.com" The stripping of the email user@ and the elongated server portion are also odd.

Is there a setting i can change to get this information correct?

http://www.templeofjennifer.com/guestbook/index.php

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks! [/url]
Anonymous

you have to modify the php code

add.class.php

from line 225 to line 236

Anonymous

ok...but not to sound dense...what do i change it to I do web design but unfortunately not code and scripting.

thanks...
Anonymous

Replace the nobody@host

with:

".$this->email."

(including ")
alphajen
[Avatar]

Thanks, that fixed the nobody@ problem. However when i try to reply to that email itis bouncing back to me because the address is wrong.

"diva@templeofjennifer.com" <Jennifer@www.duomo-i.com>

the email in "" is the email of the the signer the correct email to reply to. the <> is the named used when signing the book @my web host's domain name.

Any more ideas?

Thanks alot for the help.
jennifer
[WWW] aim icon [MSN]
Grandson
Beginner

Anonymous wrote:ok...but not to sound dense...what do i change it to I do web design but unfortunately not code and scripting.

thanks...
This option will allow you to be notified via an E-Mail address when a new entry arrives in your guestbook.I reinstalled the guestbook in a new directory using the current version of the Guestbook software (1.8.2) and then copied over some files from the previous website, i.e., the headers file, and made some minor modifications to some of the files such as were in the previous directory. While comments which are posted without my approval appear with no problem, those which are supposed to be sent to me to approve still are not being sent by e-mail.

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum