If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
i forgot my username and password for advanced guestbook  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

is there any way i can reset it or somthign with out like reinstalling the gb because i can't rember it if any one can help me please feel free to IM me on aim :Theorom lyrics or email me at Riskk@Projektlp.com
Anonymous

If you are using the MySQL version, then go to the MySQL database (I use PHPMyAdmin), go to the boot_auth table and delete the password record (it is encrypted, so looking at it won't tell you what it is). Then when you go to the admin.php page, all you put in is the userid (which is readable in the table). Remember to enter a new password and write it down.
Tray
Anonymous

such a simple problem and yet because no one reads it has to be answered over and over and over........read people read.....chances are someone already had that problem.....

Anonymous

I don't know the password for the advanced guestbook. I didn't forget it, when I went to change it, it changed automatically or I hit something. In either case I can't get in. I read someone else's problem in here and tried to use the solution suggested, but I think I messed that up or something because I still have no clue as to how I am going to get a new password, or whatever I need to do to fix this problem. If anyone can please help, I'm all eyes...lol
Anonymous

For a while now I have been locked out of my guestbook. I didn't care much really but now I do. Some butthead put something ugly on my guestbook and I want to get rid of it and can't.

I came here for the first time ever (my host, ipowerweb, uses the guestbook as an included service) looking for some assistance. I found this thread, and did the best I knew how, considering I know NOTHING about php, with the exception of simply "seeing" it in my web browser. With that said, I tried what I thought was written here and now it's screwed up big time. I have gotten a whole LOT of emails through my different tries and ipowerweb has not returned my requests for help.

Is there someone here that can tell me, in layman's terms, how to fix this problem? I do have that "PHPMyAdmin" thing but of course I don't have a clue what to do with it. It's all like reading a foreign language to me.

Thanks for any & all help given.
Anonymous

This is sad when people who have the knowledge don't help others. This definitely is different from ikonboard.com

Had I known that it would be hard to get support, I would have never installed this to my site.
Anonymous

This is sad when people who have the knowledge don't help others. This definitely is different from ikonboard.com

Had I known that it would be hard to get support, I would have never installed this to my site.
Anonymous

Tray wrote:If you are using the MySQL version, then go to the MySQL database (I use PHPMyAdmin), go to the boot_auth table and delete the password record (it is encrypted, so looking at it won't tell you what it is). Then when you go to the admin.php page, all you put in is the userid (which is readable in the table). Remember to enter a new password and write it down.
Tray

This does not always work either. What I had to do was completly drop that table from the structure, and then re-import the table again with the original user name and password of test and 123

But this was because I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.31

If you are not upgrading, then just deleting the encrypted password will work just fine.

As far as Ikonboard.com, they all suck over there. The real author Matt the one that made the board left, after he got duped into giving it to jarvis network. He now has a much better board called invision board
Anonymous

Sure, I know about that, but I've always gotten help over there. I'm only speaking of the support there. Actually, several of the moderators there helped me tremendously. The one named Sly (he's very nice) installed my board in something like 15 minutes. Another guy, another moderator, installed different scripts for me, and I tried unsucessfully and screwed up my board in a major way. It's just that I have this guestbook with a lot of signatures on it and can't get in to get the one ugly one off of it. Also, I am gearing up to re-face my site and this won't match ... not even a little bit.

When I go into MySQL, it's all foreign and maybe the directions need to be spelled out for me a little clearer because it doesn't look like what I'm told to do. In fact, I didn't see a "delete" button or even the word "delete" in the boot _auth file. It could be that I can't read for understanding, but that would be a new thing for me.

I just want some help.
bayridge

guest. You should learn how to use phpAdmin. All the data is kept on tables in MySQL, so to get at it, you'll need to know a little bit about it. You already know your database name, username and password for MySQL, you needed it to install the Guestbook. Use 'localhost' where it asks for host name in phpAdmin.

When you finally do get into phpAdmin, click on your database name. You'll see the tables for Guestbook. One of the tables is book_auth. Click on 'Browse' for that table and you'll see the usernames. There should only be one unless you have others administrating to the Guestbook. Then click on 'edit' and it will bring up the fields for that user. Highlight and delete whatever is in the password field and then get out. (Save or OK, I'm not sure what it says). Then go to your Guestbook and just type in the user name without a password. You can then change the password to whatever you like.

I don't use phpAdmin myself, I use MySQLMan. I find it easier to use and set up. You might want to do a search and use that instead. If you still need help, email me and I'll see what I can do for you. [email]bre@bayridge.com[/email]
Anonymous

I can not find that table I see poll_comment,poll,config,poll_index,poll_ip and so on. How do I fix the pw if I can not find the right table? I am using phpmyadmin.

Thanks
Anonymous

I found a table poll_user I hit browse and I see user id 1 then a user name and a long mix of letters and numbers above this it says user pass the the next one is session and last time on. should I delete this?

Thanks Much
Anonymous

Got it!
Anonymous

bumping post for newbies that are too lazy to search the forum for this question that has been asked over and over
Anonymous

Hi! I'm another one of those chahming people who lost track of my username and password for my guestbook, and didn't care until I got a pretty nasty message from someone. I did a Google search to see if anyone knew how to help. Thank you all so much! I did as folks here instructed, and now, I feel so frickin much better with that thing deleted. Thanks again!!!

~ Kellyanne

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum