If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1 problem  XML
Forum Index » Support Forum
Anonymous

when you say delete all the "book_tables" you mean the database i made right? just checking cuz i couldn't find a book_table. and also what's lazarus? i'm inerested... nm i'll go and take a look for myself. i'll post again if a problem arises. thax so much!
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I mean book_ tables as in book_auth, book_data, book_config and so forth. Lazarus is an offshoot of the Advanced Guestbook I am working on.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Anonymous

sigh, deleted the whole database, recreated one, reinstalled 2.3.2. checked the book_auth field, set permission for public and tmp to 777. still no go. wasn't i supposed to do something to .htaccess? i remember having to mess with that before... maybe it was for something else. any other ideas?
Anonymous

so i'm trying to clean install lazarus and when i try to open insall.php it says:
"Could not connect to MySQL because: Access denied for user: 'apache@localhost' (Using password: NO)"
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

1 - With 2.3.1/2 could you login or just got told it was invaild password?

2 - Did you fill in the config.inc.php file of lazarus?

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

yeah i was able to log in, but as soon as i click on anything, like smilies or something it puts me back to the log in screen. and yeah i filled config.inc.php just like i did with 2.3.1/2
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

First let deal with 2.3.x

1 - You checked book_auth and last_visit is an int(11) ?

2 - If so can you email me your session.class.php file from the lib folder.

As to Lazarus if the information supplied in the config.inc.php file is correct then the install should work fine as that is where it gets it's information from.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Anonymous

I got a bit similar problem.. When I press login button, it says that password is incorrect.. any idea what could be wrong?

I've already tried to reset the password with Carbonizes reset.php.. but it even says "invalid password" when I try to enter mySQL password...
crimsontree

I installed the 2.3.3 Advanced Guestbook from Fantastico. When I try to login to the Admin section I get told that my Username & password are invalid. I've done a couple of installs but they all have the same problem. I haven't even seen what the Admin section looks like.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

ry my reset script. www.carbonize.co.uk/reset.zip

Carbonize

get Lazarus
dvldog11
Beginner

won't work tried a thousand times. ran your upgrade script... copied over your install.php file and nothing. It isn't upgrading and now the admin password keeps looping and won't let me sign in.
________
Honda VTR1000
dvldog11
Beginner

Nope can't find that file " phpMyAdmin". I have 2.2 and have tried all night to upgrade to 2.3. Now my admin user/pass keeps looping.
________
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

To fix the loop goto www.carbonize.co.uk/AG and download the 2.2 to 2.3.x upgrade script.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
dvldog11
Beginner

thank you..
________
Suzuki Stratosphere
dvldog11
Beginner

Carbonize wrote:I assume you mean you updated from2.2 to 2.3.1. Anyway if you have phpMyAdmin installed you can simply goto the table called book_auth and edit the part called last_visit. It needs changing from type timestamp to type int.

What if you don't have phpMyAdmin? How do I get it and where do I drop it?
________
silversurfer reviews

Forum Index » Support Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum