If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Adding a simple human verification test  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

You needed to run the update_db.php file. I have ran it for you so guestbook should work fine now.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
Ninanauk

You were right (whats new....)
Works like a charm

Thanks for the great and fast help!
[Email] [WWW]
benwalsh
Beginner

Hello Carbonize and all,

Are the manual upates posted at the start of this topic http://www.proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4678&start=0
the latest?

we run Advanced Guestbook 2.3.2 with several mods, i wish to add image verification but will have to do it manually.

TIA Ben
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Whilst my original mod works it's half arsed. Updating to 2.4.2 not only adds captcha but addresses other issues with the guestbook.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
benwalsh
Beginner

i have upgraded, i was worried about my mods, but in fact it was easy enough. Thanks Carby

http://www.tubal-reversal.net/feedback/
road-dragons

my guestbook has beenb getting flooded with bot entries. I add your mod from you downloadable zip file and made the suggested changes. Now my guestbook requires a typed word to submit a comment! So far so good. Thank You for you mod, it will keep our guestbook alive!
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

My mod is no longer needed since Image verification was added in Advanced guestbook 2.4.1

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Webbie

Hi Carbonize,

I run 2.4.1 and the image verification works fine, but I still get spammed about 4 times a day, usually with Russian addresses about pills, xanax etc. They look like automated spammessages. Is there a possibility that spambots can also decrypt these image verification images?

Regards,
Webbie

PS - One more thing, does anyone know of a way to block all countries of the world, except two of them? Preferrably through my .htaccess-file?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Yes you can block IP rangs using your htaccess file. Do a Google search for it.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Webbie

Yes, I am doing that currently, but it's too bad that, as far as I know, you can only block per ISP-range as opposed to blocking an entire country in one sweep. That would really put an end to 99.9% of the spam in my case (my website, forum and guestbook is only meant for dutch-speaking countries i.e. the Netherlands and Belgium).

Also, I don't think you can specify a range between 2 IP-adresses, you can only specify it like:

123.123 (if you want to block 123.123.0.0 through 123.123.255.255)

or can you put a start and end IP in the .htaccess file?
Webbie

Despite my efforts to contain the number of spammessages in my Guestbook, it became too much of a daily hassle. Also because my website attracts lots of underaged people the quality of my website is being lowered by all those sexmessages.

Therefor I decided to remove the Advanced Guestbook from my website alltogether. It would've been great if there'd be a feature in AG to approve new guestbook entries before they become visible.
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

I don't get any spam at all. I found a good .htaccess file helps. Block servers like layeredtech.net and asia.co.th I think. I'd have to look at mine to be sure but Layeredtech is a big culprit. I'd see a request from a layeredtech IP and then staright after one or two attempts at posting on the exact page the layeredtech ip just requested.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
SnowDemonKennel

Ok, I added the human verification to my Advanced Guestbook and it is working fine but there is another problem. If you go to the following link, you will see that the box for name (I only found out it was the name box by trial and error) is out to the side and has no title.

http://www.xtremedetails.com/CustomerFeedback/addentry.php

Can you please tell me what I need to change in the code to fix it? I searched all through this forum and thread and have seen nothing related, sorry if I missed it.

This is a "Customer Comments" rather than "Guestbook" for our Siberian Husky Kennel and I did some modifications to change a lot of things and hopefully I didn't do to much damage, lol, still learning here! On our site, I already have a "guestbook" setup but this one is for "customer comments" and I will not add a link to it until I have it right.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jessie
http://www.xtremedetails.com/snowdemonkennel
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

My advice is just update to version 2.4.2 of the advanced guestbook as it has Captcha built in.

Carbonize

get Lazarus
Sting
Beginner

Carbonize!

Why You dont answer my emails please?

Really I need help with my guestbook!

This is a copy of the email I've sent to You:

Advanced Guestbook 2.3.1

Hi, I see the guestbook Forum and I follow step by step the instructions to mod with the simple human verification test and did not work to me?

Im sending to You in ZIP the files I think U need to modify the lines!

I DONT want to upgrade because I personalized my guestbook and took to much time to me!

Some codes like ---> $AG_CODE, I cant find!

THE URL is of the instructions is: http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4678

Thanks,

Best regards,
Philippe aka. Sting!

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Forum
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum