If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Software Security Notice - Script Installs need upgrading  XML
Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Modifications
thegrey

Every day I receive advice that "Software Security Notice - Script Installs need upgrading", and every day I go to the link provided. But WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET TO THE PAGE?
There are no instructions.
Everything is as clear as mud?
Can anyone help me, please
[WWW]
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Who is sending the messages? That sounds like you installed AG using something like Fantastico and if that's true it should have a link to update.

Updating is easy so what version are you using?

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
RAB

the link provided by email does not provide the upgrade, how can update manually?
Carbonize
Master
[Avatar]

Before anything make a back up of your current guestbook files.

Download the guestbook from the Free Scripts link on left. Extract files from the zip file. download a copy of the config.inc.php file on your server. Copy the database information from the config.inc.php file you just downloaded to the config/inc.php file in the files you just extracted. Upload the extracted files to replace the files on your server. Visit misc/update_db.php (or is it db_update.php) in your web browser.

Carbonize
I am not the maker of the Advanced Guestbook

get Lazarus
[Email] [WWW] [Yahoo!] aim icon [MSN] [ICQ]
KevinSmith
Beginner

thanks for the advice, this is still true today. I contact the mobile development services with which I work with similar problems and requests, and they help me if the scripts do not work

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 14/06/2021 07:28:45

[WWW]

Forum Index » Advanced Guestbook Modifications
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum