If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: tkci1
Forum Index » Profile for tkci1 » Messages posted by tkci1
Thanks for the reply amber!

Yes, I am aware of this procedure (I think it was posted by "auron" last year). Yes, I have done this, yes the permissions were correctly set during admin panel config changes, yes it does remove the reults link prior to voting (however I have had trouble re-inserting this code to restore the functioning, I don't know what the problem is but that was the reason I removing this line directly from the "~/popup/display_foot.html" file).

As I stated in my first post, I needed to remove all access to results prior to poll end. The above method still goes directly to a results popup window after submitting a vote.

Today I am going to make a new temp set, use the above method to remove the results link, then use the same method to remove all content between the <tr> tags in the center box of Poll Results (result_loop) and replace it with a message indicating the date that results will be available.

Hopefully this will cover my needs. I will also try to figure out why sometimes reinserting the code through the admin panel does not actually make it to the file. I am sure it is a flaw in my set up.

Thanks again for the input.

Brian K.
I need assistance in hiding the link to results on the poll display (eg. only show a "vote" button on pole, and only a "comment" button after voting)

I am using a licensed version of Advanced Poll v2.0.3 and the "pop-up" template, although I will use any template that allows the hiding of results.

I checked the forums and found no topic on point.

I have tried removing the <a> ref on line #7 from file "~/popup/display_foot.html" to remove the link prior to voting. The link still shows>

I tried to remove the "function view_poll_result($poll_id,$vote_stat=0)" and it's calls from line 321 from file "~/include/class_poll.php". The link still shows.

I want to suggest this script to a client but they do not want results visible until the poll ends.

I would appreciate any assistance in this matter.

Brian K.

Forum Index » Profile for tkci1 » Messages posted by tkci1
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum