If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Wappendorf
Forum Index » Profile for Wappendorf » Messages posted by Wappendorf
Carbonize wrote:They are using the comment feature to add spam. You can password protect comments via the General Settings section of the admin.

Or you could use the human verification test mod posted there http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
It will also prevent the comments from beeing spammed.
Or you could use the mod posted there : http://proxy2.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It also protects comments from beeing spamed.
bredy73 wrote:I installed this mod, but i Have this problem.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent

wich is the problem?
Thank you.

session_start() should always come first in a php script, right after the '<?php' line. If you output anything to the server before this call then you'll have this error.

Also make sure the first line of all your php scripts is "<?php".
Anything else will be interpreted by php as html to be outputed directly and headers will be sent to the client browser at that time. The same problem can come from the end of included files, make sure there is nothing right after the ending line : "?>". In some cases a simple CARRIAGE RETURN (ascii-13) or LINE FEED (ascii-10) could be the problem and... a nightmare to find !

Carbonize wrote:To my knowledge there is not even a call to session_start in the script. Whats the full error message?

Sessions are used in this mod to save the verification number generated in image.php for addentry.php and comment.php that will check it.

Hope this helps.
JTD wrote:Well you know what they say carb. Imitation is the best flattery. To bad he is a dollar short and over a year late. I bet he even thought he had something special.

Well, I should say, that I only had a quick look at Carbonize code just now. At first sight, it seems that it lacks the code to protect the comments to be spammed and doesn't seem to be "almost identical" at all as "my" code is mainly the code of Mert ÷–‹T that I found googling for an anti flood solution while Carbonize code seems to be original.
And the only "little" work I've done is to integrate the "Gitme Anti Flood" code into this mod.

Anyway, It works for me, I'm happy with this and I just wanted to share my work. And I won't feel sorry if some people aren't interested.

I'm just sorry to not having read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS!" thread. Btw, now that I've read some more of these forums, I think too, as someone else said, that the image verification should be included in the original Advanced Guest Book code and not as a mod.
And as I had no questions to ask, I didn't felt I had to read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS!" thread, and as the sticky post is a (too) simple (for me) human verification test and not the image verification test, this is why I felt I had to write this.

So you know.
Carbonize wrote:Looks almost identical to the image verification code I released over a year ago.

I definitely didn't look well enough on this forum but as any image verification code is a must have...

BTW : An error in the code I first posted prevent it from beeing usefull.
Here is the mod to the mod if you had it already installed.

Edit : same problem with comments :
Hi, here is another mod to Advanced Guest Book 2.3.4 english or french.
This has only been tested on a private site.
This is beta software. Use at your own risk.
Comments and bug rapports are welcome.

Forum Index » Profile for Wappendorf » Messages posted by Wappendorf
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum