If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: Skorch
Forum Index » Profile for Skorch » Messages posted by Skorch
That should be sticky because that's exactly why I'm here.
Thanks Auron.

No spam here
I really am insulted! I don't get dime 1 for that site, just the satisfaction of sharing cliff jumping with the world. I'm an evil spammer and I'm going to HELL! Look at the spam in your signature dude! An evil link to your personal site?

edit; post saying, delete me, has been deleted, Auron ^^
I had a legimate question & I just want to represent my website. Is that so wrong?
I want to use an anti-spam php script on my phpBB2 forum. It generates thousands of fake emails when queried for email addresses. I just have to write a link (i.e.<a href="anti-spamer">spam is BAD!</a> to it and I would appreciate if I could do this in the footer. I was able to do this for my Adv. Guestbook but this other forum is way more complex in it's internal stucture.

Anyone interested in this script can request a copy by emailing kerplunker13@earthlink.net w/ the subject line "spam is Bad!" and I'll send it out.

Thanks!

Do you want to see some extreme cliff juming? Just go to 12feetunder.com and enjoy! Be sure to check out my videoes.
Yeah I must have sounded dumb with that one. Does anyone have AdvPoll successfully instaled on their site and please post the URL here.
I tried that way because i have a 109 page site and making it php compatible will take awhile. I would replace .shtml with .php and see how it went from there.
Use a text file named.htaccess
set it up like below. Then the spammer can't even access any of your pages It results in a 403 error and then you canuse a custom error page to rub salt in it

order, allow, deny
deny from Spammer's IP
allow from all
You can use .htaccess to have your page extension(ie .html ) to be handled as another like php. You pretty much customize how your page is served. I use it to handle my .htm and.html files as .shtml I assume it will work with other file extensions though. As I did below. The server parsed thing might have to be different make it work for php

AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .html
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .htm
I have been unsuccessful in installing the AdvPoll on my site. All I get when i try to call the config.inc.php script with my browser is a 403 error. I have blocked random access to my directories, for security reasons. I have properly setup the database(my other 3 work just fine) I have edited the config.inc file with the relevant info(numerous times just in case) I have been trying since Feb 9 05. I think it has something to do with my file perms. The ftp default perm is at 644. Should every php page have file perm 744 or are there certain ones that require a special perm like 777? My directories are all permed 744. Are there any that should be permed to 777?

Thanks
Thanks! He also has a tendacy to copy other people's ideas too. I want to to make him work to see my site.

The guy has been typing in the actual guestbook location as in my domain/guestbook and he skips the html page I have the tracker on. I just wanted to know if it was possible to include a javascript ap in the index page of the guestbook. Then when he deeplinks my guestbook he leaves his IP address and I can ban his friends. This guy seriously drives around and logs on from his friend's houses and he finally figured out hiow I was banning him (using the statcounter) so he skips that page. I am not kidding feel free to laugh at him too!

I am going to disable all HTML posts Thanks for the heads up!
I have your guestbook V2.3.1 on my website http://12feetunder.com and I love it. However I have a rival webmaster logging on and spamming my guestbook from his friend's houses( Ialready banned his home ip using .htaccess) I used a Javascript ap to geographiccally track him down (from statcounter.com) and then copied his ip from the stacounter report to .htaccess I would like to include this javascript(not included in message) in the index page of my guestbook so I can do the samething to prevent him from deeplinking it again. How exacltly would I integrate the 2 codes as I am very "php not smart" My thought was put the JS ap btween the html body tags after an empty header tag but at the end of the php code??? I also thought i might use the Include once command but i don't know how it works so...??? I know it won't be perfect but i want to make him drive all over town to spam my guestbook!

Thanks and I love your php programs They're great!

Forum Index » Profile for Skorch » Messages posted by Skorch
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum