If you are not registered or logged in, you may still use these forums but with limited features. Show recent topics
  [Search] Search   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [FAQ]  FAQ 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: ET
Forum Index » Profile for ET » Messages posted by ET
Cool! Carbonized - I might use that one myself! I'll probably rescript it to Javascript and plant it onto my html pages - Sweet!

--- Update ---
I wrote the javascript for displaying the last entry on a non-php page. If anyone is interested in the javascipt, let me know.
JTD wrote:Well I just posted in your guestbook twice withen a matter of 2 minutes and uploaded 2 animated gifs. One was 341kb the other was 138kb. I had no problems at all.

When you uploaded the images, did they show up in the preview function or did you go direct to "submit"?

When I visited Cinder's guestbook, the images do not get displayed in the preview - it could be that is what is causing people to think that the image upload function is not working?
This can go in the form.php in the javascript section

Put it immediately under

Now this is at the most basic text checking level!!! It does not validate email is entered in the correct format - there are plenty of free javascript codes available online if you want something more elaborate.

NOTE - For the guestbooks that use the values of gb_name, etc., just change all the .email to .gb_email

Remember that if Javascript is shut off on the visitor's browser, this will not check for the email entry....
Only other thought I have - I don't use the program to upload images so this may be out in left field - is there a maximum number of kbs you can upload into the image directory? Is it full?
JTD wrote:Why would you not want others to read what people have to say about your site?

I asked the same question in my head - like "when is a guestbook not really a guestbook?"
a temporary work-around for spam is to rename the directory of your guestbook and disallow google to search and index your guestbook and don't post your guestbook url in places like this forum (or edit the url out of the post once you have it fixed) - most of the spammer folks look for easy prey - 95% of the spammers use google to find guestbooks to spam.... As long as all the guestbook files stay intact in the directory that you rename, it should still work.

------------------------------
If you are using 2.3.1 - you may need to edit the admin/config.inc.php at if that line was previously altered for your images, etc.
frankdon wrote:??

Remember - the folks on the forum here are just nice people who volunteer their time to help others who want to use the programs. Not everyone wants the same features you seem to want or that they do not have the ability or time to write the type of scripts you want.

You seem to be in a real hurry to get your guestbook just the way that you want it....

I bet if you were willing to pay someone to tweek the script for you, you could get exactly what you are looking for.
Sure thing - in the lib/gb.class.php

Find this line -

and change it to

I have not thoroughly tried this out - so make sure to save backups of the official file so that you can reload it if necessary.

Everyone on this board who help are just volunteers. No Warranties!!!!
Cinder wrote:AGB picture upload was working just fine. I reinstalled it and disabled HTML. It worked for a few days then stopped again! I really didn't change a thing or even touch any settings between the time it was working and it stopped. No one else has access but me. I really don't want to lose all the posts by reinstalling again. People have been enjoying the picture upload and now they are e-mailing me to fix it, help!

Check your php variables - check to make sure that safe_mode is "off" - your webhost may have changed the settings?
Thanks - like I said, it was my dumb question for the day - I put a similar function into my mailform and it works like a charm - stopped all the craziness and I haven't had any spam for over a year....
I don't have any experience with the poll - others might be able to help - but first and foremost, did you run a search on this message board for helpful suggestions about the poll? The answer might already be on the board. The people that help here are not employees of the site....
Ooops - sorry, that was my post just now -
TORB writes:
As soon as I open the Easy Admin or Private Messages section, I am hijacked.

Try this trick first - when you log into your admin page and click on the Easy Admin or the Private Messages - click on the "ESC" button a couple ot times - often times, this will disable the refresh feature and give you time to delete the actual entries.

If you still can't get it deleted from the admin page... you need to go into your website's control panel, find the link to your "MySQL Databases" and/or the link to phpMyAdmin - open the tables for the guestbook and browse through the data tables for the last few entries.

Word of caution, be careful not to change anything in there or delete anything that needs to be there in the tables.

Make certain to disable the HTML on your guestbook - when I visited, it said that HTML was enabled.
TORB wrote:It looks like there is a lot of this going around, I have just been hijacked by these ****** too.

If somone could help me and get rid of the hijack code, it would be very much appreciated. The site is www.torbwine.com and there is a link to the guest book from there.

It is a basic redirect to gbytes.tk - can't you erase it by entering from the admin.php page? Or go into your MySQL tables and delete it from there.
Personally, I leave it on out of respect for the originator of a program, even if I modify it significantly - however I am known for changing the style - i.e. Advanced Guestbook is now AG so that when spammers/hackers go around looking for "advanced guestbook 2.2" my book does not show up in their search. Plus I tend to change the color of the font to match the color of my background - It's there, just hidden, mostly.... Doesn't stop them totally, but does slow them down.... and I never ever ever leave my URL listed on a site like this..... Once I get help, I remove the url from the post!!!!

Forum Index » Profile for ET » Messages posted by ET
Go to:   
Based on the open source JForum